G. Wade Johnson
A senior programmer with over ten years of experience in
the software development industry. Strengths include analysis, problem solving,
innovation, and research. Reputation as an information resource and for solving
challenging problems, incorporating new technologies, and increasing efficiency.
- XML and related technologies
- Apache/mod_perl development
- Object Oriented Development
A leading global financial services firm with operations in
more than 50 countries.
|JP Morgan Chase & Co., Houston, Texas
Maintained and enhanced server software in C++ and Perl.
- Enhanced a SOAP-based web service, written in C++, that provides financial
calculations for investment banking decisions.
- Developed a standalone server launching program in C++ to unify approaches
used on several legacy servers.
- Spearheaded an effort to specify C++ coding standards for the market risk
- Analyzed and modified legacy Perl server applications to correct reported
A major developer and integrator of information, process,
and network asset management software.
|Auto-trol Technology, Houston, Texas
Maintained and enhanced Java servlet-based software.
- Updated and created UML diagrams for enhancements to web application software.
- Updated and enhanced JUnit tests for web application software.
- Performed technical reviews of change requests.
A consulting firm providing programming and support to ABB
|Ealanta Software, LLC, League
Contracted to develop software for an SVG-based web interface for a
- Developed a Batik-based applet for displaying dynamic data in SVG.
- Designed an XML-based system to dynamically configure the look of the
- Developed a server which supplied data to the applet using Tomcat,
servlets, and Oracle.
An I.T. consulting firm providing individual contractors and
corporate project teams to a variety of industries.
|Bluware, Inc., Houston, Texas
Provided troubleshooting, development, and design support for
A software development firm providing financial content and analytical
tools for individual investors and numerous Fortune 100 companies.
Senior Host Developer
|Telescan, Inc., Houston, Texas
Designed, developed, and enhanced web-based and client/server investment
information systems. Initiated internal projects to improve efficiency of
software development and operations.
- Increased customer-perceived stability in online systems through change
control and a staged release system, reducing outages by as much as a
factor of ten.
- Increased efficiency of development staff through creation of debugging
and developer support tools. In one case, one of these debugging tools
found a flaw in half a day that had eluded the programmer for two weeks.
- Developed a protocol converter in 11 days that allowed conversion of
server software to Windows NT-based TCP/IP from DOS-based X.25 protocol.
Saved the cost of rewriting client software and reshipping to thousands
- Developed a secure protocol to implement an authenticated virtual channel
over HTTP for client companies to authorize users into our system.
Software used by more than 20 financial websites developed for client
- Selected by management as technical lead for groups of 3-5 developers on
two of the company's largest contracts.
- Developed a website compiling technology that allowed the company to
complete the largest contract in the company's history on time. This
technology was later used to improve the productivity of our ASP
development staff by more than a factor of two.
- Developed a 3-tier XML-based system for providing online financial data,
reducing reliance on legacy monolithic servers. The new servers are
capable of staying up for months at a time instead of requiring daily
- Developed an automated regression test tool for HTTP request-based
servers, resulting in the ability to diagnose many problems in minutes
leading to better confidence in live systems.
- Provided technical expertise to other programmers on design,
troubleshooting, languages, and protocols.
- Trained approximately 50 entry-level and advanced programmers through
formal classes and mentoring in Perl, Forth, C++, coding standards,
design, object oriented programming, and software engineering concepts.
M. S. Computer Science, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, 2000.
B. S. Electrical Engineering, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, 1987.
Additional Technical Skills
- Web Design
- Programmer Training/Mentoring
- Windows NT Multithreading
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- Protocol Design
- Language Design
- Configuration Management
- Java Servlets
- Palm OS Development